Wrestling, University at Buffalo, Coach Cael

Coach Cael Sanderson during the wrestling match against Buffalo at Rec Hall, Sunday, Feb. 24, 2019. On Senior Day, Penn State defeat Buffalo 47-3.

After a tumultuous season in which he never cracked the starting lineup and eventually left Penn State, former four-time Pennsylvania state champion Gavin Teasdale announced he will be enrolling at the University of Iowa this season.

Teasdale, who left Penn State in January, was thought of by many as Penn State's first chance to have an All-American caliber wrestler at 125 pounds in several years.

Teasdale announced his intentions to PA Power Wrestling and said he has been living and training in Iowa City for several months.

In opening up about his decision to join the rival Hawkeyes, Teasdale also offered insight in to why he left Penn State.

"This is where I need to be," Teasdale said of why he chose Iowa. need a hands-on type of coach that’s there for you through the thick and thin, and that cares about you not just on the mat but cares about you as a man."

He also said he experienced issues making 125 pounds and is now at around 140 pounds and that he intends to ask the NCAA for a hardship waiver and to be granted four years of eligibility.