2019 Division 1 NCAA Wrestling Championships

Head coach Cael Sanderson watches a match at the 2019 Division 1 NCAA Wrestling Championships, at the PPG Paints Arena on Friday, March 22.

Cael Sanderson has long believed competition brings out the best in his wrestlers and for the second time in as many seasons, a transfer will lead to more competition at 125 pounds.

The Nittany Lions landed Matt Parker from Lehigh, after Parker announced via Twitter that he intends to finish his wrestling career at Penn State, a move that was first reported by FloWrestling.

Parker redshirted his first year, going 13-2 and won three open tournaments before not competing at all for the Mountain Hawks this past season.

The Sellersville, Pennsylvania, native is the second 125-pounder to transfer to Penn State in the last two seasons after former Boise State wrestler Carson Kuhn transferred to Penn State at the end of last season.

Parker will likely compete with rising junior Devin Schnupp who is 7-31 over the last two seasons and former four-time Iowa state champion and redshirt freshman Brody Teske may also be in the mix at 125 as well.

Penn State has not had an All-American at 125 since 2016 when four-time All-American Nico Megaludis won his only NCAA title.