Women's Volleyball vs. Howard, Coach Rose

Penn State head coach Russ Rose talks to his team during the women's volleyball game against Howard University at Rec Hall on Friday, Nov. 30, 2018. No. 8 Penn State defeated Howard 3-0 to advance to the second round of playoffs.

Penn State now knows its opponents for the 2019 season. 

The Nittany Lions will look to make another deep NCAA tournament run with 16 home games, starting with a trio of games on the last weekend of August, hosting Hofstra, Holy Cross and Wichita State.

They will then journey out to Iowa to kick off September, taking on Iowa State and LSU on Sept. 6 and 7. The subsequent week will contain one of the marquee matches for Penn State, as it faces the reigning national champions Stanford on Friday and Oregon on Saturday.

A Pennsylvanian derby will commence on Sept. 20 and 22, when the Nittany Lions play a home-and-home against Pitt.

The end of September will mark the beginning of Big Ten play. Penn State will start at home with Michigan State and Rutgers paying visits to the Rec Hall.

Wisconsin will be the Nittany Lions’ first conference road test to start off October on the second day of the month, then they will head home for Iowa, Maryland and Ohio State.

Penn State will have to find its road warrior mentality to march on deep into the schedule. A Michigan road trip is on the schedule on October 18 and 19, with the Wolverines first and the Spartans second.

The Nittany Lions will then make a pit stop home against Illinois, before taking on Maryland, Iowa and Nebraska on the road treading into early November.

Wrapping up the last month of the season, the Nittany Lions will be taking on Indiana and Purdue at home on November 8 and 9. A four-game road stand ensues with Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana and Rutgers in the span of two weekends.

A back-to-back will mark the end of the regular season on November 29 and 30, with Wisconsin and Minnesota journeying to Rec Hall.