Women's Soccer, Bowling Green, Team Celebration

Penn State women's soccer celebrate scoring during the NCAA tournament first round game against Bowling Green at Jeffrey Field on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018.

Penn State will aim for a record 20th Big Ten championship and another deep NCAA tournament run as it will take on one of the tougher schedules in the nation.

"We are excited to once again play one of the most challenging schedules in the country,” coach Erica Dambach told GoPSUSports.com. “We look forward to welcoming some of the nation's top teams to Jeffrey Field and can't wait to get the 2019 season started!"

The Nittany Lions will welcome in Stanford as their home opener against a marquee program on Aug. 23. The Cardinal was a No. 1-seed in the NCAA tournament last year and went into the semifinals.

The two programs’ last matchup saw Stanford defeating the Lions 4-0 in the NCAAs quarterfinals.

Penn State will take on Hofstra two days later in the opening weekend, before heading off on a three-game road trip against Long Beach State, Loyola Marymount and West Virginia that goes into early September.

The Nittany Lions will then finish their nonconference schedule with a trio of home games. They are against James Madison on Sept. 8, Oklahoma State on Sept. 12 and Virginia on Sept. 15 respectively.

The Big Ten schedule then begins with home games against Michigan and Michigan State on Sept. 19 and 22. The Lions will then hop on a long road trip to Minnesota and Wisconsin for the next weekend doubleheader.

Penn State will then get a quick pit stop back home against Rutgers on Oct. 3, then go back to the Midwest for three games against Ohio State (Oct. 6), Indiana (Oct. 10) and Purdue (Oct. 13).

The Lions’ final two home games will be against the two Illinois teams at home, facing the Fighting Illini on Oct. 17 and the Northwestern Wildcats on Oct. 20.

To wrap up the regular season, Penn State will journey to Nebraska on Oct. 27. The Big Ten tournament will be soon to come by then, beginning on Nov. 1 and the semifinals and finals scheduled on Nov. 8 and 10 respectively.

The NCAA tournament will kick off five days after the Big Ten tournament on Nov. 15 and the College Cup slated for Dec. 6-8 in San Jose, California.