Penn State Women's Soccer vs. Nebraska, Kaleigh Riehl (3)

Penn State Defender Kaleigh Riehl (3) kicks the ball during a game against Nebraska at Jeffery Field on Thursday, Sep. 27, 2018. The University of Nebraska won the game 1-0.

Penn State announced its 2019 team captains on Wednesday.

Redshirt seniors Kaleigh Riehl and Ellie Jean as well as senior Amanda Dennis will serve as the Nittany Lions’ captains during their 2019 campaign. Collectively, the trio has played over 200 matches for the blue and white.

"We have selected three incredible student-athletes in Amanda Dennis, Ellie Jean and Kaleigh Riehl to lead this team in the 2019 season,” coach Erica Dambach told GoPSUsports. “They have been leaders in our program for several years and have all come into their own during this spring season.”

Riehl has started 76 games during her career at Penn State, including 25 last year. The leader of the Nittany Lions’ back line, the defender was a first-team All-American and the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year in 2018.

A fellow defender, Jean has made 75 career appearances for Penn State, starting all 25 matches last season. Jean has recorded 8 assists in her career, and was named to the Big Ten All-Freshman team in 2015.

Dennis served as the Nittany Lions’ starting goalkeeper in every game last year, posting 14 clean sheets with backup goalie Sarafina Valenti. With 52 career appearances, the veteran possesses a 0.70 GAA and a 0.802 save percentage.

Penn State will open its 2019 season on Aug. 23 against Stanford.