Women's Basketball, Duquesne, Page (11)

Guard Teniya Page (11) dribbles the ball during their game against Duquesne University at Bryce Jordan Center on Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018. The Lady Lions fall to Duquesne University 64-58.

Penn State had some extra time to prepare for Sunday’s matchup against Iowa this week after Thursday’s game against Michigan State was postponed due to extremely cold temperatures in East Lansing.

Now, Teniya Page will have the opportunity to reach 2,000 career points at home on her designated senior day.

“The things that she’s been able to accomplish as a player are really a testament to her work ethic and all that she puts into the game,” coach Coquese Washington said.

Page is just 13 points away from becoming the sixth Lady Lion of all time to reach that milestone.

The Lady Lions face a quality opponent in Iowa which is currently ranked No. 12 in the nation after winning five of its last six in conference play. The Hawkeyes gave Rutgers its first loss of the season on Wednesday with a 72-66 victory over the Big Ten’s top team.

Iowa’s success this season has come on the back of one of the Big Ten’s most dominant players.

Senior forward Megan Gustafson is averaging 26.4 points per game, 12.9 rebounds, and is shooting an outstanding 70 percent from the field on the year.

Gustafson has given problems to every team she’s faced this season, with her most notable performance coming against Drake where she scored her season high 44 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in the process.

Penn State will have to rely heavily on freshman forward Lauren Ebo, who will presumably have the main duty of guarding Gustafson throughout the game.

The Lady Lions have been playing more small ball lineups lately with Alisia Smith at the five, but with Gustafson’s presence, it's likely that those lineups won’t be as prevalent.

Penn State has struggled shooting in recent games and will look to improve on that ahead of this matchup.

In the last game against Rutgers, the Lady Lions only shot 30 percent from the field, and their leading scorer, Page, shot 3-14 in the loss at home.

“We have to figure out and continue to work on our offensive flow, get a few more points here and there, I think that will bode well for us moving forward,” Washington said.

The Lady Lions have shot just under 40 percent from the field this season, while the Hawkeyes have shot just over 52 percent.

With a win, Penn State would move to 11-10 on the year and sit level with Michigan on four conference wins heading into the last portion of the Big Ten schedule.