Carolyn Kieger

Marquette Women’s Basketball vs. St. John’s in the Quarterfinals of the 2019 BIG EAST Women’s Basketball Tournament at the Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois. Photo courtesy of Marquette Athletics.

First-year coach Carolyn Kieger’s first nonconference schedule will consist of one exhibition game and 10 official non-conference games, with eight of those at home at the Bryce Jordan Center.

Kieger will get her first action against Kutztown in an exhibition match on Friday, Nov. 1 at home.

Penn State will open the season with a road game against reigning Colonial Champions Towson on Tuesday, Nov. 5. It will then return home for five straight games, starting over the weekend with a matchup against Rider, a WNIT team last year, on Sunday, Nov. 10.

The Lady Lions will take on another conference champion in A10-winning Fordham on Wednesday, Nov. 13. The home slate continues with a Pennsylvanian faceoff against La Salle on Sunday, Nov. 17.

Two more home games await the Lions with Clemson, an NCAA Tournament team, coming to the BJC on Thursday, Nov. 21. George Mason will pay visit in the following weekend on Sunday, Nov. 24.

After the Thanksgiving period, Penn State will journey off to California and participate in a tournament hosted by Cal on Friday, Nov. 29 and Saturday, Nov. 30 with the participants to be announced.

The Lady Lions will then get ready for a marquee matchup against in-state rival Pitt on Thursday, Dec. 4 as part of the 2019 Big Ten/ACC Challenge. It will be followed by a game against Ivy League champs Princeton on the road on Saturday, Dec. 14, before rounding out the non-conference schedule on Sunday, Dec. 22 at home against Sacred Heart.

The matchups for Big Ten have been announced as well. Penn State will play Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern and Rutgers twice. The Lady Lions will face off against Illinois, Indiana, Maryland and Minnesota at home. On the road schedule, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue and Wisconsin await.