women's basketball Page (11) tries to pass

Teniya Page (11) tries to pass Roichelle Marble (5) during the women’s basketball game at the Bryce Jordan Center on Monday, Jan. 16, 2017. Penn State defeated Wisconsin 76-46.

Teniya Page’s career and Penn State’s season came to a close Wednesday as Wisconsin proved to be the better team in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament.

The Badgers beat Penn State by a score of 65-57 in Indianapolis.

Wisconsin was a force inside all game, out-rebounding the Lady Lions and scoring in the paint relentlessly. Of the Badgers' 25 field goals, only two came from outside the paint.

The Badgers outscored Penn State 38-16 in the paint, and in second chance points by a margin of 15-6.

Imani Lewis and Marsha Howard led the way for the Badgers with 17 and 15 points respectively, as well as 24 combined rebounds.

Kelly Karlis was making everything flow for the Wisconsin offense. Karlis had a total of eight assists in the game along with six points of her own.

Teniya Page was left out of the starting lineup for Penn State due to a recent ankle injury, and when she came in off the bench, her impact was minimal until late in the game.

Page started out shooting just 1-of-6 in the opening half with three turnovers, but finished with 14 points and four assists.

Kamaria McDaniel had an impressive offensive performance, making three 3-pointers and recording 16 total points as Penn State’s leading scorer.

The first half was dominated by Wisconsin. The Badgers owned the paint and the boards on both ends of the floor.

The Lady Lions were outrebounded 23-15 in the first half, and Wisconsin capitalized on their second chance opportunities.

The Badgers made 13 field goals in the opening half, with 12 of those 13 coming from inside the paint. Without regular starter Alisia Smith, Penn State struggled to have any presence inside on the defensive end and eventually switched to a 2-3 zone, but that was quickly figured out by their opponent.

Wisconsin was able to get good looks with quick ball movement and skip-passes against the zone and extended its lead to 11 points as both sides went to the locker rooms for the break.

The third quarter was very similar to the two quarters prior, up until about the last minute.

The Lady Lions went on a run to end the quarter and cut the double digit lead to just five points as the quarter ended.

Teniya Page started to get into a rhythm, and Karisma Ortiz hit an important corner 3 to end the quarter.

Just like that, Penn State was back in it with 10 minutes remaining in its most important game of the season.

But Wisconsin held its own in the final quarter with the recipe that had been working all game. Second chance opportunities were at a premium for the Badgers and they used their inside presence to control the boards and get to the line.

Wisconsin advances to the second round of the tournament where it will face the No. 5 seed Ohio State Buckeyes on Thursday.