Women's Basketball vs Northwestern, Jaida Travascio-Green (31)

Jaida Travascio-Green (31) looks for a person to pass to during the women's basketball game against Northwestern at the Bryce Jordan Center on Wednesday, Feb 14, 2018. The Lady Lions defeated the Wildcats 67-59.

Penn State’s inefficiency from the field led to a blowout loss in Evanston, Illinois Thursday night.

Northwestern came away with a 78-63 win and handed the visitors their fifth straight loss after a dominant defensive showing in the first half that held the Lady Lions to under 25 points.

The Lady Lions shot an underwhelming 33.8 percent from the field in the game while their counterparts posted solid shooting numbers of 47.6 percent.

For the Wildcats, sophomore Lindsey Pulliam led the way with 22 points, while junior Abi Scheid had an impressive performance shooting the three ball where she went 4-5 for 14 points.

Veronica Burton was the main facilitator for Northwestern as she dished out a game high seven assists.

For Penn State, leading scorer Teniya Page had an off night, scoring only 13 points while regular contributors Lauren Ebo and Siyeh Frazier combined to shoot only 1-of-12 from the field.

The Wildcats opened the game on a 9-0 run and the Lady Lions were in a hole not even five minutes into the contest.

Northwestern dominated the entirety of the first half after that initial run, shooting just under 50 percent and an efficient 4-of-6 from beyond the arc.

Penn State struggled to get shots to fall throughout the first two quarters, putting up only 22 points on a measly 23.5 percent shooting from the field and only 1-of-7 from the three point line.

One area where the Lady Lions did find success in the first half was on the fastbreak. The team scored 14 of its 22 points in transition in the half.

Penn State bounced back a bit in the third quarter and cut the lead to 13 points after outscoring the Wildcats by five. In the quarter the Lady Lions shot 50 percent from the field and looked like they had come out of their shooting woes.

The fourth quarter looked much more like the first half though as the team reverted back to its poor shooting and Northwestern took the opportunity to grow its lead to nearly 20.

Jaida Travascio-Green made a couple shots late but it was far too little to have an impact, and the Wildcats strolled to victory in the final quarter.

Penn State falls to 3-10 in conference play while Northwestern improves to 8-6.

The Lady Lions are on the road again for their next matchup where they will travel to Minneapolis to face off against Minnesota for the first time on the year.