Blue-White, Carolyn Kieger signs poster

New Penn State women’s basketball coach Carolyn Kieger signs a poster for Torren Neuhard, 8, from Mechanicsburg, PA before the Penn State Blue-White game at Beaver Stadium on Saturday, April 13, 2019.

Carolyn Kieger’s staff is beginning to take shape ahead of her first year leading the Lady Lions.

Kieger named three assistant coaches on Tuesday, all of whom are following Kieger from her previous coaching job at Marquette.

Ginny Boggess will take the role of assistant coach and recruiting coordinator, the same position she held with the Golden Eagles.

Boggess has spent the past five seasons coaching alongside Kieger and brings a total of 16 years of collegiate coaching experience to Happy Valley.

Boggess recruited the likes of Allazia Blockton and Natisha Hiedeman -- two players who went on to win Big East player of the year awards.

Pam Brown has been named the new Director of Basketball Operations after holding the position for the last four years at Marquette.

Brown was primarily in charge of managing scheduling, equipment, and scouting in her role with the Golden Eagles.

Prior to joining Kieger’s staff at Marquette, Brown was an assistant coach at Stetson for three seasons.

The final addition of the three was MaryLynne Schaefer.

Schaefer was named the Director of Program Development after spending just one season on staff with Kieger last season for the Golden Eagles with the title of Director of Player development.

Schaefer’s experience is in the area of guard development -- she worked directly with guards as the assistant coach for North Florida prior to her time at Marquette.

Schaefer played for Hartford from 2005-2009 as a three year starter and holds the school record for career three-pointers.

This is just the first set of assistants to be named by Kieger for her new job as Penn State’s head coach.

It is expected that Kieger will name more staff members for the 2019-20 season.