Women's Basketball vs Ohio State Coquese Washington and Siyeh Frazier (4)

Head coach Coquese Washington talks to Siyeh Frazier (4) during the women’s basketball game against No.11 Ohio State in the Bryce Jordan Center on Sunday, Feb. 25, 2018. Ohio State defeated Penn State 89-62.

On a night where it seemed everyone on the court in a Penn State uniform couldn’t buy a bucket, Michigan State added to its impressive home record in a dominant win over the Lady Lions.

The Spartans improved to 15-1 in East Lansing after beating Penn State 57-48.

The scoring was spread out evenly and efficiently amongst the Michigan State team as seven players got on the score sheet, with four scoring more than eight points.

The Spartans were led by Nia Clouden, who put up 14 points and also contributed four rebounds.

Amari Carter and Jaida Travascio-Green had a tough time getting into any sort of rhythm for Penn State. The regular contributors both only scored six points, well below their season averages.

Usual starters Teniya Page and Alisia Smith both missed the game due to injury. This is the third game in a row that both have been absent from the floor.

What had been working so well for the Lady Lions in their past two games where the emerged victorious was efficient three point shooting. Tonight, the team shot just 2-for-16, and it went hand in hand with the result.

Both teams struggled shooting for the first 10 minutes of the game and it showed on the scoreboard.

At the end of the first quarter the two sides combined for 16 total points on an underwhelming 6-of-28 shooting from the field.

Penn State only converted on two of its first 17 attempts from the field, but the Spartan’s struggles kept things close up until the final minutes of the first half.

Michigan State opened up its lead to eight points as the second quarter came to a close after shooting 50 percent in the quarter and knocking down a couple three pointers.

The Lady Lions’ lone bright spot in the first half was Ebo who tallied seven points and eight rebounds and was the team’s leading scorer at the break.

The third quarter was dominated by the Spartans and they extended their lead to 18 points by the time the fourth rolled around.

In that third quarter Michigan State’s defense held Penn State to just 25 percent shooting and made over 50 percent of its own shots.

The lead proved to be insurmountable for the Lady Lions, who fell behind by more than 20 points early in the fourth and the Spartans saw the game out handily.

Penn State’s two game win streak comes to an end with the loss, and the Lady Lions will look bounce back in their final game of the regular season at home on Saturday against Nebraska.