Men's Volleyball vs. Ohio State, Wildman (12)

Outside hitter Brett Wildman (12) tips the ball over outside hitter Reese Devilbiss (8) and middle Ethan Talley (15) during the men's volleyball game against Ohio State at Rec Hall on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Penn State defeated Ohio State in straight sets.

True freshmen Brett Wildman and Canyon Tuman have been selected to represent USA volleyball at the U21 Pan American Cup on the men’s junior national team roster. 

Wildman ended his freshman season with 195 kills, 29 service aces and was named EIVA Honorable Mention. He started the final 13 matches and finished third on the team. He was also named to the USA Volleyball World University Games roster which will be held in Italy this July.

Tuman recorded the second-most blocks on the team with 53, started 26 of 27 matches, completed the year with 87 kills and a hit percentage of .510.

Men's Volleyball vs. Ohio State, Bogner (6) and Tuman (15)

Setter Cole Bogner (6) sets the ball to middle blocker Canyon Tuman (15) during the men's volleyball game against Ohio State at Rec Hall on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Penn State defeated Ohio State in straight sets.

The outside hitter and middle blocker had arguably their best matches of the season in the EIVA tournament. Wildman recorded 46 kills with a hit percentage of .367, 13 digs and five aces in just two matches. Tuman recorded 16 kills and a hit percentage of .619.

Cal Fisher, also a freshman, was named one of the six alternates. Fisher transitioned between two positions this season. He started at opposite and outside and then was switched to libero for the final six matches when teammate Will Bantle was injured. He finished with 88 total kills and a hit percentage of .219.

The U21 Pan American Cup will be held on May 5-10 in Lima, Peru.