Men's Soccer vs. Michigan State, Austin Maloney (9), Coach Jeff Cook

Coach Cook gives guidance to Austin Maloney (9) on the throw in at Jeffrey Field on Wednesday Sept. 26, 2018. Michigan State defeated Penn State 1-0.

Second-year head coach Jeff Cook will look to take Penn State to the next level with 10 home games this fall.

"We can hardly wait for preseason to begin this August," Cook told GoPSUSports.com. "This schedule presents some fantastic opportunities to test ourselves against some of the most outstanding soccer programs across the country.

Before the regular season kicks off, Penn State will host two exhibition games against Georgetown and Syracuse.

In line with the women’s team, the Nittany Lions will start the season with the home game against Stanford on Aug. 30. The game against the defending PAC-12 champions will be the first of seven games against NCAA tournament teams from last year.

“We're very excited for our home slate at Jeffrey Field kicking off with traditional national title contender Stanford on August 30,” Cook told GoPSUSports.com.

The Nittany Lions will then depart for a three-game road trip. A face-off against Stony Brook awaits on Labor Day followed by a Florida doubleheader against UCF and Stetson the following weekend.

Penn State will then return home for the next three games. Villanova will wrap up the early non-conference slate on Sept. 13. Ohio state will then visit Jeffrey Field on Sept. 21 to start the Big Ten schedule.

Michigan comes next for the Nittany Lions on Sept. 27, before the team journeying to East Lansing, Michigan to play against Michigan State, a team that was in the College Cup last year, on Oct. 2.

The Nittany Lions will then return home for three games in 10 days. Indiana, another college cup team last year, will be in town on Oct. 6. It will be followed by Northwestern on Oct. 12, and then Pittsburgh on Oct. 15.

The pattern of one road game followed by three home games continue with Penn State visiting Wisconsin on Oct. 19. A Tuesday-Friday slate will see the team return to Jeffrey field to play against James Madison and Appalachian State.

The final home game in the regular season for the Nittany Lions will be against 2018 NCAA National Champions Maryland on Oct. 30.

The team around out the regular season at Rutgers on Nov. 3, with the Big Ten quarterfinals in sight on the following Saturday.