Big Ten Men's Ice Hockey Tournament Championship Game vs. Notre Dame, Larsson (12)

Ludvig Larsson (12) tries to get a shot off against Notre Dame goalternder Cale Morris (32) during the Big Ten Men’s Ice Hockey Championship Game against Notre Dame at Compton Family Ice Arena in South Bend, Ind. on Mar. 23, 2019. No. 16 Fighting Irish defeated No. 17 Nittany Lions, 3-2.  

Ludvig Larsson has become the first Penn State senior to sign a professional contract.

It was announced on Tuesday that the graduate transfer has signed an amateur tryout agreement (ATO) with the Binghamton Devils, the New Jersey Devlis' American Hockey League affiliate.

According to Penn State, Larsson will join the team on Wednesday night.

Larsson was the first graduate transfer in the history of the program and came to Penn State after spending three seasons with Merrimack.

Also the programs first Swede, Larsson skated in 39 games this season and tallied 25 points, finding the back of the net on nine occasions.

In his college career, Larsson played in 130 games, scored 33 goals and added 37 assists.

Larsson quickly made a name for himself at Penn State for his ability in the faceoff circle. The senior won 59.6 percent of his draws this season which ranked 10th in the nation.

Larsson is the first player from Penn State to sign a professional contract this season.