Shrewsberry presser

Micah Shrewsberry is introduced as the 14th men’s basketball head coach in Penn State history. Shrewsberry was introduced to members of the media as well as a select number of Nittany Lion Club members on March 30, 2021 in the Nittany Lions practice facility in the Bryce Jordan Center. Photo by Mark Selders

Penn State coach Micah Shrewsberry’s staff is taking shape as three assistants were officially added Monday morning.

Mike Farrelly, formerly of Hofstra, was named as an assistant while Talor Battle was retained as an assistant coach.

Nick Colella was named as the program's chief of staff, having spent previous seasons serving as director of on campus recruiting and director of basketball operations.

Last year was Battle’s first year as a coach with the program. He holds the Nittany Lions’ all-time record for points scored with 2,213 and played professionally before retiring in 2018.

Farrelly comes to Happy Valley from Hofstra, where he spent the past eight seasons.

He served as an assistant for six years before being promoted to associate head coach in 2019.

Last season, Farrelly took over as interim head coach for the Pride and led them to a 13-10 record.

Evan Patrick is a football and basketball reporter for The Daily Collegian. He is a senior studying digital and print journalism with minors in business and liberal arts and labor employment relations.