carr nba 1

Former Penn State men's basketball player Tony Carr is leaving his mark on the program even after departing for the NBA.

Tony Carr will have another shot at the NBA.

After a disappointing summer league performance last year, Carr will be back in Las Vegas with the New Orleans Pelicans, the team that selected him No. 51 overall in the 2018 NBA Draft.

As the lone draft pick by the Pelicans in 2018, Carr was one of the headliners of the New Orleans roster in Las Vegas last year. But he'll have some much more famous teammates playing alongside him this time around, most notably the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft, Zion Williamson.

Carr spent the entirety of the 2018-19 season playing in Italy's Lega Serie A, playing 16 games with Fiat Torino and 10 games with Cantu. In total, Carr averaged nearly 12 points, four assists and four rebounds in 30 minutes per game. 

He struggled to shoot the ball from 3-point range as a member of Fiat Torino, but his percentages went up significantly after his move to Cantu, shooting 44 percent from beyond the arc in his 10 games with the team.

In just two seasons at Penn State, Carr proved himself to be one of the more gifted scorers the program has ever seen. After a solid freshman season, Carr blossomed into one of the Big Ten's best players as a sophomore, winning the conference's scoring title and earning First Team All-Big Ten honors. 

He then became the first Nittany Lion drafted since 1999. 

Tyler King is a junior studying print/digital journalism and Spanish at Penn State. He currently serves as the Sports Editor and a men's basketball reporter for The Daily Collegian.