Curtis Jones

Curtis Jones (0) shoots against Penn State's Julian Moore (44) during a game held at the Bryce Jordan Center on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017. Indiana defeated Penn State 78-75.

When freshman Rasir Bolton made his surprising announcement that he was transferring earlier in the offseason, Penn State lost its second-best scoring option. 

But Pat Chambers and company may have just figured out how to replace Bolton.

The Nittany Lions picked up grad transfer Curtis Jones on Tuesday, he announced on his Twitter page. He will be immediately eligible to play this season.

Jones, who played at Oklahoma State last season, spent the first year and a half of his career paying for Indiana. 

He averaged over 11 minutes per game and appeared in 33 games as a freshman at Indiana, making one start in the process. At the start of his sophomore season, Jones' role did not change and he transferred out of the program after seven games in the 2017-18 campaign. 

Jones arrived in Stillwater, Oklahoma for the 2018 spring semester and became eligible to play during December of last season.

Curtis Jones Oklahoma State

Photo credit: T.C. Brewster/O'Colly

In his first home game as a member of the Cowboys, Jones dropped a career-high 23 points, shooting 5-of-10 from 3-point range, in his team's win over Central Arkansas. 

The Virginia native went on to average over 20 minutes per game in 23 appearances off the bench for Oklahoma State. 

In high school, Jones was a four-star recruit out of Huntington Prep in Virginia and was ranked by 247sports as the No. 85 overall recruit in the 2016 class and the No. 5 player in the state of Virginia.

Tyler King is a junior studying print/digital journalism and Spanish at Penn State. He currently serves as the Sports Editor and a men's basketball reporter for The Daily Collegian.