Penn State Women's Hockey vs. Providence Kelsey Crow

Defense Kelsey Crow (7) controls the puck during the women's hockey game against Providence at the Pegula Ice Arena on Oct. 19, 2018. Providence defeated Penn State 3-2 during overtime.

Noah Roberson, Chase Berger, and Kelsey Crow were all announced to 2018-19 NCAA Division I Academic All-District At-Large teams Thursday.

Chosen by CoSIDA, or College Sports Information Directors of America, the athletes were all honored for their achievements in both collegiate athletics and academics. They will all have a chance at being named a first-, second- or third- team member.

Roberson graduated from Schreyer Honors College with a perfect 4.0 GPA as both a biomedical engineering and mechanical engineering major. He also earned his masters in the Penn State integrated program all while being a highlight for the men’s gymnastics team.

Last year, he was named a first-team honoree for the same award. He placed third in the still rings during the NCAA Championship. He also competed in 10 meets this year, winning once and placing second five times.

Berger, graduating with a 3.94 GPA in Finance, is the first men’s hockey player to receive the honor, and was named captain for the 2018-19 season.

Never missing a game, Berger played in 154 contests and racked up 51 goals and 67 assists for 118 points in his time with the team, as well as holding a 58.7 faceoff win percentage his senior year.

He is the second highest point-scorer in program history, behind only David Goodwin.

He will be continuing his career with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL.

Crow graduated with a 3.94 GPA with dual degrees in psychology and biology. She will enroll at the University of Minnesota’s medical school in the fall, returning to her home state.

Crow was a three-time captain for the Nittany Lions, and had 10 goals and 33 assists for 43 points as a defenseman in her career. She is second all-time in points for a defender in team history.

Crow was recently given the Eric A. Walker Award for being the student-athlete senior that best represented the University through extracurriculars. She volunteered her time for several organizations like Special Olympics Centre County and the Mount Nittany Medical Center.

The results for all awards will be announced in June.