Is Taking an Uber or Lyft Safe?

• Updated
Is Taking an Uber or Lyft Safe?

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to listen to my question. I am a college student and, like many of my classmates, I do not own a car. Therefore, I have been considering taking an Uber or Lyft to get around. At the same time, I have heard stories about bad things happening to some people who take these rides. So, my question is, is it safe for me to use rideshare options such as Uber and Lyft?

Hello, and thank you for your question. It is true that taking an Uber or Lyft is a great option for college students, particularly for getting around town without a car or to avoid driving after drinking. At the same time, it is important for people to make sure they are safe. This starts with knowing who is picking you up. According to information that has been published by The May Firm:

"Transportation companies like Uber and Lyft provide passengers with certain information prior to their trip, such as the name of their driver, vehicle information, the route they are expected to take to their destination, and departure/arrival estimates."

Therefore, the first thing that everyone should do is make sure they know who is picking them up. It is critical for people to use this information to make sure they know the identity of their driver. That way, people can avoid getting in a car that isn't actually their Uber. If people are standing on the corner, it is possible that someone may try to pull up and pose as an Uber driver, convincing someone to get in the wrong car.

In addition, it is important for everyone to keep their wits about them as the ride is taking place. They need to make sure they know where the driver is going and feel free to direct the driver if they take a wrong turn. That way, everyone can make sure that their Uber driver is using the right path to get home.

Finally, everyone should also make sure they accept fares from Uber drivers with high star ratings. These star ratings are important because they let people know about the quality of the ride. Leave a review once the ride is over so that everyone else knows what your experience was like. This will improve the quality of the rideshare program overall, helping everyone else stay safe as well.

These are a few of the tips that you can follow to remain safe while you are taking an Uber or Lyft from place to place. With these tips, it is possible for everyone to stay safe while they are taking an Uber or Lyft.