How Will the Trend in Voice Searches Impact Search Engine Optimization?

Person Using Voice Recognition Function On Mobile Phone

The world of marketing has changed quickly and it is important for companies to keep up with these changes if they would like to remain competitive in the modern era. One of the biggest changes has been the development of voice searches. Dictation technology has improved significantly during the past few years. In the past, a lot of people would get frustrated with the voice assistants that frequently accompany their mobile devices. Now, these voice assistants are becoming more accurate. For example, it is possible for people to speak to these voice assistants and ask them to help locate certain products and services online.

Because users are going to be able to ask these voice assistants to help them locate products and services, it is going to impact search engine optimization. What does this mean for the future?

People Speak Differently Than They Type

The biggest way in which this is going to impact search engine optimization (SEO) involves the differences between the way people speak versus the way they type. From the dawn of search engines, people have been emitting smaller words from their searches. Instead of creating a phrase that is grammatically correct, they omit these smaller words, believing they are going to get more accurate search results if they leave them out. Even though this is not necessarily the case, this is the way people go about searching for things when they type something into a search engine.

When people speak, they do not emit these smaller words. It is simply faster and easier for them to include a grammatically correct phrase if they are speaking something into a search engine. As voice search has become more common, this is going to impact search volumes directly. For example, certain long-tail keywords might even become more common than general keywords. This has the potential to significantly change digital marketing.

Big Changes Are Coming for Digital Marketing

As people continue to use voice searches to help them find things online, it is important for companies to stay on top of these changes. With more people using voice searches, it is critical for companies to conduct keyword research on a regular basis and alter their digital marketing strategies to meet the changing behaviors of consumers in the online world. That is where it is helpful to work with a professional search engine optimization agency, such as GR0, that will allow companies to remain one step ahead of the competition. The faster companies are able to react to changing consumer behaviors, the easier it will be for them to stay ahead of their competitors.

Looking to the Future

Voice searches only represent one of the major transitions taking place in the online world. Digital marketing is more important than it has ever been in the past. Companies should make sure they rely on trained specialists in this field that can help them keep their search results rankings as solid as possible.