Singled Out graphic

Music is everywhere and constantly surrounds our lives. Here’s a look at the hottest tracks and albums released during the past week, according to the iTunes charts and Spotify. Bonus: a list of new music being released Sept. 1.

“Look What You Made Me Do” by Taylor Swift

Seated at the No. 1 spot on the iTunes Song Chart, Taylor Swift’s first single off of her new album “reputation,” set to drop Nov.10, has broken numerous records within its first few days of release.

Spotify announced Swift’s single broke the record for number of streams in the first 24 hours with eight million. The music video broke Adele’s “Hello” record of 27.7 million views with 43.2 million views in 24 hours.

Swift’s lyric video for the song also broke the previous record of nine million views (“Something Like This” by Chainsmokers & Coldplay) shattering it with a total of 19 million views.

Even though her single has been breaking records, Swift’s new sound hasn’t been everyone’s cup of tea.

“I don’t like the new Taylor Swift song at all,” Megan Bradley (senior—child and early adolescence education) said. “I used to be a huge fan, but really don’t like where her music has headed. The song was very overwhelming and just didn’t seem to sound like her.”

RELATED: Taylor Swift drops new single "Look What You Made Me Do"

“What About Us” by P!nk

P!nk’s first single off her upcoming seventh album “Beautiful Trauma,” which drops Oct. 17, proved to be a hit to fans during its debut week.

The new single, “What About Us,” sung and written by P!nk, is currently seated at the No. 3 spot on the iTunes Song Chart .

“It’s a nice, feel-good song,” Irene Fishman (sophomore—kinesiology) said. “I really like how it starts slow and then the beat eventually picks up at the chorus.”

P!nk’s 2017 MTV Video Music Award song mashup performance helped the single earn over 22 million streams on Spotify and will likely earn her a high spot on the Billboard Top 100 Chart.

RELATED: Highlights and big winners from the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards

“Villains” (Album) by Queens of the Stone Age

Currently seated at the number one spot on the iTunes Albums Chart, the band’s seventh album proves to be one of the most successful Queens of the Stone Age project yet.

Some of the most popular songs off of the album are, “The Way You Used to Do,” “The Evil Has Landed,” and “Head Like a Haunted House.”

Mark Ronson, who has worked with artists including Adele and Lady Gaga, produced “Villains” and went for a “more upbeat, even dancey record,” Ronson told NPR.

In the same interview, front man Josh Homme stated that “normally [they] have three guitar players instead of two which helped [them] focus on vocalizing more.” He described the album as having some “broken, robotic keyboard sounds” to it in various songs.

“Game of Thrones: Season 7 Music from the HBO Series” (Album) by Ramin Djawadi

The “Game of Thrones: Season 7 Soundtrack” seems to be almost as popular with the fans as the show itself.

“The soundtrack is one of my favorite things about Game of Thrones,” Matt Brown (sophomore—engineering) said. “It just added to my excitement for the show."

The album currently sits at the No. 5 spot, after only being released a week prior and has been the most popular “Game of Thrones” album yet.

Some fan favorite tracks off the album are “Truth,” “Winter Is Here” and “Dragonstone.”

“Game of Thrones,” which has been nicknamed “the most popular show on television,” garnered a whopping estimated 12.1 million viewers for its season seven finale on Sunday night, becoming the most watched episode in the show’s history.

The loyal and growing fan base of the show proves a long life ahead for this fantasy drama.

Albums being released on Sept. 1 to look out for:

The Script – “Freedom Child” (Pop Album)

Madeline Kenney –“Night Night At the First Landing” (Alternative Album)

Joan Osborne – “Songs of Bob Dylan” (Singer/Songwriter Album)

Cloud Control – “Zone” (Alternative Album)