Old Main without scaffolding

Some of the scaffolding has been removed from the Old Main Bell Tower on Sunday, Dec. 1. 

Penn State has been recognized as the number one producer of faculty Fulbright Scholars and a top producer of student Fulbright Scholars by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, according to a Penn State news release Tuesday morning.

The Fulbright program is a prestigious cultural exchange program in which individuals may receive funding to conduct research or teach abroad.

Thirteen Penn State faculty and 10 students received the program awards for the 2019-2020 academic year, according to the release.

Applications for the Fulbright awards in the 2020-2021 academic year will open Feb. 14.

The 2019-2020 faculty scholars, their departments and their host countries are as follows:

• Lee Ann Banaszak, professor of political science, and women’s, gender, and sexuality studies, College of the Liberal Arts; host country: Australia.
  • Lara Fowler, Penn State Law and Institutes of Energy and the Environment; host country: Sweden.
  • Russell Frank, associate professor of journalism, College of Communications; host institutions: Aristotle University in Thessaloniki, Greece.
  • Elizabeth Kadetsky, associate professor, creative writing, College of the Liberal Arts; host country: India.
  • Cristin Millett, professor of art, College of Arts and Architecture; host country: Australia.
  • Elizabeth Ransom, associate professor, School of International Affairs; Global Scholar Award.
  • Ricky Bates, professor, College of Agricultural Sciences; host country: Cambodia.
  • Enrique del Castillo, distinguished professor, College of Engineering; host country: Portugal.
  • Carter Hunt, assistant professor, College of Health and Human Development; host country: Ecuador.
  • Benjamin Lear, associate professor, Eberly College of Science; host country: Finland.
  • Catherine Wanner, professor, College of the Liberal Arts; host country: Ukraine.
  • Tineka Lebrun, Global Programs; Administrative Seminar, India.
  • Salar Ghahramani, associate professor, Penn State Abington; Invited Scholar and Fulbright Specialist, Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia.