Beta Theta Pi Arraignment

Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller speaks with the media before entering the Centre County Courthouse for arraignment Bellefonte, Pa. on Tuesday, May 9, 2017.

The next preliminary hearing in the Beta Theta Pi criminal case into the death of Penn State sophomore Timothy Piazza is scheduled for Thursday.

And according to District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller, this sixth day may be the last. 

Parks Miller made the prediction Friday when she and the fraternity chapter's lawyer Michael Leahey met in front of Judge Thomas Kistler to discuss motions made my Leahey.

RELATED: Surveillance footage and equipment to head to Beta Theta Pi hearing

In May, a motion was filed to return a "forensic copy of all digital contents of Alpha Upsilon's property" to the fraternity, as previously reported by The Daily Collegian.

On Friday, Leahey said the copies that were given back were "modified after the date of seizure" and therefore were not in compliance with the court's original order.

Parks Miller argued later that Leahey "played" the court by receiving the tapes through a civil lawsuit and then sharing them with criminal attorneys for the former Beta Theta Pi brothers being charged.

Judge Kistler said the motion would be resolved, but added that his decision may not be reached before the next round of preliminary hearings begin.

Follow the Collegian for extensive coverage regarding next week's preliminary hearing.