Kathleen Kane

Kathleen Kane, Democrat for Attorney General, speaks about her career as a prosecutor during an interview at the Penn Stater Conference Center.

Attorney General Kathleen Kane will appear before Jerry Sandusky’s appeal judge Thursday regarding her reply to a request for information involving a grand jury leak that allegedly “prejudiced” Sandusky leading up to his trial.

Kane will testify at the Pennsylvania Judicial Center in Harrisburg under oath, in camera, and submit to questioning by Sandusky’s counsel as well as the court regarding the statements made in her reply, according to a court order filed Wednesday.

Kane filed her reply under seal in response to Judge John Cleland’s recent request for information on a potential grand jury leak of information involved in Sandusky’s child sex abuse case.

Sandusky’s attorney Alexander Lindsay has argued that the leaks of Supreme Court documents, passed along through emails between then-grand jury judge Barry F. Feudale and Philadelphia Inquirer reporters Craig McCoy and Angela Couloumbis, were done in order to obtain more testimony against Sandusky.

Cleland ordered Wednesday that, from what she provided in her response, Kane claims to have “no knowledge at this time of any email that proves such leak(s)” nor did she directly address the terms of the order to disclose “any information of which she is aware to support her conclusion” made in recent public statements, according to the order.

The information Kane was ordered to file is meant to support a claim she made in a press release on Oct. 28, alleging accused orchestrator of the leak Feudale “orchestrated, facilitated, cooperated in or arranged for disclosure of otherwise secret grand jury material in this case.”

Last week at a hearing for Sandusky’s third and final trial appeal, Cleland requested Kane file under seal the specific details of “who, what, when and how” the information was leaked by 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Sandusky’s counsel was given until 2:30 p.m. Wednesday to review Kane’s response and likewise submit an under-seal response to the court, according to the documents.

Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, is currently serving a 30 to 60 year sentence on 45 counts of child sex abuse.

Email reporter

Follow on Twitter

More stories