Penn State has canceled all in-person classes at its 20 campuses until at least April 3 due to the spread of the coronavirus, according to a Penn State News press release.

The university has opted for three weeks of online classes to ensure the health and safety of all students and faculty. All in-person classes, seminars and labs will be delivered remotely for all students.

Residence halls and dining facilities will not be reopened for normal operation during this time.

In addition, all “on-campus student-sponsored events and activities” will be postponed until April 6.

During the three-week period, students, faculty and staff are strongly discouraged from returning to “campus, off-campus locations, and group dwellings (e.g., apartments and fraternities).” They are strongly encouraged to stay at home, according to the release.

Those who need housing or need to retrieve belongings can make arrangements by visiting here: https://hfs.psu.edu/campuses.

Penn State said it will work closely with international students and students who must stay on campus on an individual basis to work out housing arrangements.

For students who do not have access to a computer or the internet, the university said it will work with them to get access.

Online classes will begin on March 16.

The university will remain open for faculty and staff.

More information and updates from Penn State can be found here.

There are currently two confirmed and 13 presumptive cases of the virus in Pennsylvania.

Penn State’s decision to put a hold on in-person classes follows several Big Ten universities. Thus far, Ohio State, Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland and Michigan State have all canceled in-person classes and moved them online to varying capacities.

On Wednesday, the World Health Organization declared the virus a global pandemic.