KDR House

Kappa Delta Rho fraternity house at 420 E. Prospect Ave. on Monday, March 16, 2015.

UPDATE: 2:20 p.m. 

Penn State has released a statement regarding the suspension and investigation of Kappa Delta Rho. Click here to read it. 

UPDATE: 1:35 p.m.

A former member of Penn State's Kappa Delta Rho chapter, 420 E. Prospect Ave., informed police about two private illicit Facebook pages allegedly operated by members of the fraternity, according to the State College Police Department's affidavit of probable cause.

According to the affidavit, the former member acted as an informant, and collected photographs, text messages and posts on the Facebook page as evidence for the investigation, according to the affidavit.

This page, "2.0," started about eight months after the fraternity's original Facebook page "Covert Business Transactions," was shut down, according to the affidavit. Both pages could only be accessed through invitations from page members, according to the affidavit.

Both pages included evidence of hazing, photos of nude unconscious women and drug sales. Drugs exchanged included marijuana, edibles, concentrates, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder medication and some cocaine, according to the affidavit.

In the photos, females were "passed out and nude or in other sexual or embarrassing positions," according to the affidavit. The individuals in the photos seem to be unaware their pictures had been taken, according to the affidavit.

"This is the type of stuff that happens at KDR," the informant said about the fraternity in the affidavit. These were only a fraction of 2.0's contents.

The original page had been deleted after a female — who had previously visited the fraternity — threatened them when she found a topless photograph of herself posted to the group, according to the affidavit. 2.0 was created soon after.

The informant, who was a member of 2.0, deactivated his Facebook account so current members could not remove him from the group, according to the affidavit, and offered his account to the State College Police to utilize in order to access the page.

2.0 had 144 active members including current students and alumni of the fraternity.

Kappa Delta Rho was placed on full chapter suspension Monday after the pages' existence came to light. While under suspension, Kappa Delta Rho is banned from participating, attending or organizing social activities, which include community service, intramural sports and events at other locations.

"In accordance with that review, we have placed the chapter on suspension for the remainder of this semester and we are conducting a full membership review and reorganization," Executive Director for the Kappa Delta Rho national headquarters Joseph Rosenberg said via e-mail. "We have informed the appropriate officials at Penn State of these actions. We will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies and the university's investigation and disciplinary process."

Police said the investigation is ongoing.

Penn State's Interfraternity Council and Kappa Delta Rho's national headquarters are also investigating.

The Penn State Interfraternity Council placed Kappa Delta Rho on full chapter suspension after two Facebook pages featuring illicit content were discovered, IFC President Rick Groves said.

The pages included evidence of hazing and some photos of nude unconscious women, Groves said.

The fraternity, Groves said, is being investigated by the police, the IFC, Penn State and the fraternity's national headquarters.

Groves said via email that the chapter will remain on suspension until all the investigations have been completed.

"It is IFC policy to immediately suspend activity at any chapter undergoing an investigation," Groves said via email. "This is both to ensure an unhindered investigation and to prevent chapters from committing further wrongdoings."

Meghan Garrity can be reached at meg5434@psu.edu or (814) 865-1828. Follow her on Twitter @meg_garrity.