Former Penn State President Graham Spanier to report to jail in May

Penn State Abuse

Former Penn State president Graham Spanier walks to the Dauphin County Courthouse in Harrisburg, Pa., Friday, March 24, 2017. Spanier faces charges that he failed to report suspected child sex abuse in the last remaining criminal case in the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

Former Penn State President Graham Spanier has three weeks to report to jail, according to the Associated Press.

In May 2017, a jury found Spanier guilty of a misdemeanor child endangerment charge for his response to reported sexual abuse of children by former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

He has remained out on bail after his 2017 conviction for misdemeanor child endangerment.

Spanier is sentenced to spend at least two months in jail and two months on house arrest.

His petition to appeal the sentencing was denied by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in February, as previously reported by The Daily Collegian. In addition, his motion for a new trail was denied in 2017.

Spanier's charges directly stem from his alleged knowledge of a 2001 report that Sandusky abused a boy in the football team's locker room.

Spanier has requested to do jail time near his home in State College.