BOT Jay Paterno

Board of Trustee member Jay Paterno listens to President Eric Barron speak on tuition and the budget during first meeting of the academic year is held at the Penn State Hotel and Conference Center on Friday, Sept. 15, 2017.

The Penn State Board of Trustees have called in a special meeting to discuss "a matter of reputational harm to the university."

On Friday, the Trustees will meet at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference, with a 1 p.m. executive session followed by a public session at 2 p.m., according to a release.

Trustees expected to meet and discuss include Edward Brown, Robert Capretto, Barbara Doran, Robert Jubelirer, Anthony Lubrano, Ryan McCombie, William Oldsey, Joseph "Jay" Paterno, Alice Pope, Robert Tribeck and Elliott Weinstein.

In November 2015, a group of trustees was given access to examine the Freeh report — a document relating to the investigation of the Jerry Sandusky case.

Sandusky, a former football coach for Penn State, was convicted in July 2012 on 45 counts of child sex abuse, as previously reported by the Collegian.

President Barron will not be participating in this meeting, Lawrence Lokman, vice president for Strategic Communications, said.

"We can discern no real urgency for this last-minute request, which can be included at a regularly scheduled Board meeting," Lokman said. "It’s important to note that at no time was the topic raised or discussed in advance with Board leadership, President Barron or University Counsel. No advance information has been shared."