Penn State's Center for the Performing Arts will celebrate Juneteenth with a film titled "Juneteenth: A Fierce Urgency Celebration!" that features several Black artists, faculty and organizations.
Jaelyn Monroe did what most 20-year-old college students wouldn’t even think to do — she started a business right from her Penn State dorm room and won a competition rewarding her $10,000 toward her business.
Janel Young, who graduated from Penn State in 2013 and lived in Tokyo and New York, has made artwork that’s been seen on the global stage. One of her latest — and largest — is a street mural in downtown Pittsburgh.
After a donation of more than $500,000 to Penn State’s Palmer Museum of Art, 1966 history alumnus Jason Kogan will receive a special exhibition gallery in his name.
Penn State University Health Services will host two free coronavirus vaccination clinics, open to all students except those of World Campus, on June 28 and June 29.
Throughout the academic year, and especially during summer break, many Penn State students watch films and TV shows to unwind from stressful academic and personal situations.
Former Penn State President Graham Spanier allegedly reported to jail early to serve his sentence regarding his alleged involvement in the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case, according to the Associated Press.
Penn State announced in April 96% of courses for the fall semester will be in person. Making up the other 4% are "a couple of courses" that have been approved to remain remote, according to a university spokesman.
State College borough announced Monday the vaccination clinic at Penn State's Bryce Jordan Center will reopen Tuesday, June 8 through Monday, June 14.