The Downtown Improvement District will host its 10th annual Summer’s Best Music Fest from June 3-4. The outdoor concert will consist of 27 artists performing on five stages, each located downtown.

Although students will have already returned home for the summer, Executive Director of the Downtown Improvement District George Arnold said he believes the event will draw a large crowd.

“We’re very excited about the talent that’ll be performing,” Arnold said. “We have some big name musicians coming to State College.”

Arnold said the music festival has been a popular event in the past among locals and out-of-towners. With this year’s lineup, a bigger turnout can be expected, Arnold said.

The festival kicks off at 4:30 p.m. Friday with The Denicats opening and ends Saturday night with the final act, Doyle Bramhall II, starting at 8 p.m.

The full lineup can be found on Summer’s Best Music Fest’s website.

One of the bands performing on Friday, Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds, has played at major music festivals such as Bonnaroo and Firefly, Arnold said.

The two main stages will be located at the Garner Street parking lot. While tickets are required for admission at the Garner Street parking lot, admission is free at the Locust Lane, Locust lot and Calder Acoustic Stage, Arnold said.

A new addition to the Summer’s Best Music Fest will be the beer gardens.

Attendees will be able to purchase beer at the outdoor pubs located on Heister Street and Locust Lane and drink at four of the stages. The Calder Acoustic Stage and Rotary Ice Cream Festival will both act as an alcohol-free zone, according to the press release.

Currently, pre-sale tickets cost $10 for Friday, $20 for Saturday or $25 for the weekend.

Tickets can be purchased at the Downtown Improvement District located at 127 S. Fraser St. or online at Summer’s Best Music Fest’s website.

Email reporter

Follow on Twitter

More stories