Childhood movies are something relatable to nearly everyone.

However, what these childhood movies are can vary from person to person.

Regardless of what these movies are, nearly everyone has a shortlist of films that couldn't help but define their childhood.

With childhood movies being remade such as the live action Disney films or the soft reboots of "Jurassic World" and "Jumanji," many films are being remade that have held a more than special place in people's hearts.

Turning to Penn State students, we asked them just what some of these special films were, or weren’t, and just what some of them think about these new and upcoming reboots.

As far as childhood favorites, Alise Deveney grew up loving “The Emperor’s New Groove.”

“It’s about a narcissist who isn’t really forced to change at the end,” Deveney (sophomore and film-video) said. “But he just becomes a little nicer, which is pretty true to life.”

Graham Milla r (freshman-English) named some of his favorites as “The Iron Giant,” “Kung Fu Panda” and “Shrek.”

Brian Parkes had a surprisingly controversial favorite: the live action version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas ,” a film many felt negatively toward.

“We watch it every year since its release and I used to be terrified but now I love it,” Parkes (freshman-mathematics) said.

Parkes also loves “The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.”

“Almost everyone has seen it so it’s just this very easily referenced thing everyone around my age gets,” Parkes said.

As far as films that may have resonated more with others, Deveney was never a fan of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.”

“Snow White’s voice is so annoying,” Deveney said.

“I mean, did you see the prince in that movie? I mean it’s early animation but it’s not great either.”

Millar had a surprising contempt for “Bambi.”

“I don’t know, like talking animals that are too cutesy always weirded me out,” Millar said. “It was like I kinda knew that the cutesy stuff would lead to furries without fully understanding the concept at the time.”

Parkes had a dislike for old Disney princess movies in general.

“I never cared for them because I think they are all so boring,” Parkes said. “But like the animation was revolutionary, but the plot sucks.”

When remaking childhood films, most felt that it isn’t necessarily bad if done right.

“A lot of people don’t like it but I do because we have the technology to make them live action,” Deveney said about the live action Disney remakes. “It’s a really good display of how far we’ve come with technology, with filmmaking.”

Parkes also shared this sentiment.

“A lot of people think they can ruin the originals but the originals still exist,” Parkes said. “You can’t deny that remakes undeniably have the technological advantage and can be a stunning reimagining of an old world that you love.”

Millar had a particularly unique reimagining he wants to see sometime soon.

“I don’t really see the point to some of these remakes, but I’d like to see a live action hyper realistic prosthetics Shrek movie directed by Guillermo del Toro,” Millar said.