Marilyn Manson

In this Aug. 2, 2015 file photo, Marilyn Manson performs in concert during the “End Times Tour 2015” at the Susquehanna Bank Center, in Camden, N.J.

Everybody has that moment of channel surfing or browsing the depths of YouTube and seeing something that aggressively sticks out. So of course, what better way to spend time than to actively seek these videos out?

Music videos are perfect for this sort of curiosity, as artists look to gain attention or express their most bizarre musings over the course of a few minutes. So here are six such videos to watch at your own risk.

1. Chris Cunningham, Aphex Twin “Rubber Johnny”

Rubber Johnny, a British slang term for condom, here refers to a babbling, deformed character locked in a basement with a Chihuahua. The six minute heat-pounding video is shot in disorienting infrared light and quick edits that are choreographed with Aphex Twin’s electronic soundtrack. The short film/music video has had a strong influence on horror filmmakers and will certainly have a strong influence on your nightmares as well.

2. Glass Animals “Pools”

This hypnotic Claymation adventure from the British indie rock band walks the line between disturbing and charming, though the artistry and detail is a sight to behold throughout the video. It’s the sort of three and a half minute experience that is hard to look away from, though unlike many of this list’s videos, “Pools” is at least unlikely to terrify.

3. Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun”

Undoubtedly the most mainstream and most-viewed of these music videos, the 1994 hit song’s has a video that starts out with uneasy camera angles and freaky big smiles in a seemingly “normal” suburban neighborhood. Naturally, things go off the rails for an apocalyptic conclusion, but it almost feels like a reprieve from the uneasy tension of the first half.

4. Die Antwoord “I Fink U Freeky”

This South African rapper duo have a ton of weird music videos, but they top themselves with this black-and-white production. In one moment, Yolandi Visser lies in a pile of drawings, odd human masks, limbs and rats crawling around her. There’s also a lot of really weird outfits, and then a kid in a Pikachu hoodie for some reason.

5. Marilyn Manson “Sweet Dreams”

Making a name for themselves by being weird and controversial, Marilyn Manson’s cover of the Eurythmics classic almost gets comical in its weirdness. It features drifting camera angles, some bizarre costumes — or the lack of one — makeup and a guy riding a pig as if it was a horse.

6. Girl Band “Paul”

Anthropomorphic animal costumes can be pleasant throwbacks to childhood, or they can be unsettling. Girl Band takes full advantage of the latter with a really unnerving, spiraling take on the concept. At almost seven minutes, “Paul” is by no means a short video and is takes full advantage of the song’s weirdness to tell a wacky story.