A fan smiles during the Matthew West

File photo: A fan smiles during the Matthew West performance during the 2016 Winter Jam held at the Bryce Jordan Center on Friday, Jan. 8, 2016.

The annual Winter Jam tour spectacular, a nationally touring event featuring a number of high-profile Christian artists, will be held at 7 p.m. on Jan. 19 in the Bryce Jordan Center.

The tour is making its stop at Penn State toward the beginning of its three-month East Coast run, marking several years running that the event has held performances at the venue.

Headlining the show will be the popular Grammy-nominated rock band Skillet, according to the event’s website.

Comprised of four members from Tennessee, the band had a big hit with their 2016 album “Unleashed,” which reached number three on the Billboard Top 200.

A fan raises her hands in praise

A fan raises her hands in praise during the 2016 Winter Jam held at the Bryce Jordan Center on Friday, Jan. 8, 2016.

Joining Skillet are other musical performers including the rock band, Building 429; solo vocalist, Kari Jobe (featuring singer Cody Carnes); hip hop artist, KB and the folk rock musician, Jordan Feliz. The pop band Newsong, who created Winter Jam back in 1995, will also be there as the hosts of the event.

Jobe, Building 429 and Newsong have all been nominated for Grammys in the past.

Winter Jam’s variety of acts encompass more than just music, however. Comedian John Crist will be performing at the show and Christian evangelist speaker Nick Hall will also be presenting.

There will be a pre-show from artists Dan Bremnes, Mallary Hope and Westover.

The all-ages show will last approximately four hours and does not require tickets prior to the show. Guests should bring $15 in cash or check to pay at the door, which opens at 6 p.m.