Fans

A woman is hoisted into the air in the stands during the Penn State v. Appalachian State football game in Beaver Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018. Penn State defeated Appalachian State 45-38.

UPDATE (April 21): Penn State has again shifted, now allowing the general public into the special spring practice Friday. The free tickets are on a first come, first served basis, and walk-up tickets are not available. Gates will open at 6 p.m. Friday.

UPDATE (April 19): Penn State has since amended its original announcement. All seniors taking in-person or remote classes at University Park are eligible to attend the special spring practice.

Original story:

Penn State’s senior class will have one last chance to watch the Nittany Lions in Beaver Stadium.

The university announced Friday that seniors will be allowed to attend a special spring practice inside Beaver Stadium, which will take place on Friday, April 23.

Originally, Penn State said it would only allow first-year students to attend the final spring practice scheduled for this coming Saturday.

"We are thankful to make this shift in programming so that seniors can showcase their Penn State spirit and participate in this longstanding tradition,” Penn State president Eric Barron said in a statement.

Seniors who are taking in-person classes at University Park will receive an email from Penn State Athletics with attendance information by Monday.

The event will follow all state and federal guidelines for gatherings in an effort to support the health and safety of attendees.

Evan Patrick is a football and basketball reporter for The Daily Collegian. He is a senior studying digital and print journalism with minors in business and liberal arts and labor employment relations.