James Franklin, Fox Sports

Head coach James Franklin talks to Fox Sports before the game against Kent State at Beaver Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018.

Penn State offensive tackle Rasheed Walker is facing misdemeanor theft charges after stealing another student’s bike on campus.

According to Penn State police, Walker confessed to stealing a Trek 830 mountain bike that was reported missing from directly under a surveillance camera by the Lasch Football Building on Sept. 11.

Walker, 18, allegedly took the mountain bike, valued at $150, and disposed of it near his residence building because he did not feel like walking back to his residence building that day.

The Penn State freshman is being charged with one misdemeanor count of theft by unlawful taking and one misdemeanor count of receiving stolen property.

Walker’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 31.

“We are aware of the situation and are disappointed. This matter will be handled appropriately. We will not have any further comment on this matter,” Penn State football Sports Information Director Kris Petersen said in a statement provided to the Centre Daily Times.

As a recruit, Walker was 6th-ranked offensive tackle and No. 65 overall player in the class of 2018, according to 247 Sports.

He had offers from Ohio State among 27 other universities, but chose to sign with Penn State.