Brandon Polk Rutgers warmups

Wide receiver Brandon Polk (10) receives a pass during warmups before the football game against Rutgers at HighPoint.com Stadium on Saturday, Nov 17, 2018.

Penn State wide receiver Brandon Polk will head to his home state of Virginia after announcing his intentions to transfer to James Madison this morning via Instagram.

Following a disappointing redshirt junior season, Polk will have one year of eligibility playing for the Dukes. Polk appeared in just seven games this year and hauled in nine receptions and two touchdowns.

Polk joins a notable list of Penn Staters who have entered the transfer portal this offseason, including the likes of Tommy Stevens, Juwan Johnson, who is now at Oregon, and Lamont Wade, who decided to remain at Penn State.

Fans may remember Polk from his fourth down catch against Appalachian State in Week 1 to keep the Nittany Lions alive in a nailbiter.

Penn State has already had three players with confirmed transfer destinations, and with Stevens’ father assuring he will not be returning to Happy Valley, the team will lose at least five players this offseason.

Polk will be joining an FCS powerhouse in the Dukes, who have three conference championships in their last four years and took home the national championship in 2016. The team will see its only FBS opponent when it travels to Morgantown to take on West Virginia in the season opener.