Football vs Maryland, DeAndre Thompkins (3)

Head coach James Franklin holds DeAndre Thompkins (3) back from running onto the field before the game vs Maryland at Beaver Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018. Penn State defeats Maryland 38-3.

After a big end to the month of June in which Penn State landed eight commitments, James Franklin and his staff have started July by keeping the momentum rolling.

Today, just two days before the Fourth of July, the Nittany Lions added their 17th member of the 2020 class, going all the way to the Longhorn state for his commitment.

Three-star wideout Parker Washington of Richmond, Texas, who played his high school football at Fort Bend Travis, announced his commitment to the Nittany Lions Tuesday via Twitter, becoming the third wide receiver commitment in Penn State’s 2020 class.

Ranked as the No. 70 receiver in the class and the No. 58 player in the state, Washington chose the Nittany Lions out of 15 total offers including Wisconsin, Kentucky, Boston College, Utah and Nebraska.

Standing at 5-foot-10 and 197-pounds, Washington was a first-team all-district selection last season as a junior after hauling in 75 catches for 1,486 yards and 18 touchdowns according to 247Sports.

Washington was invited to The Opening Finals in late May where he’ll join his future teammates Enzo Jennings, Curtis Jacobs, Olu Fashanu and Golden Achumba.