James Franklin Walk around

Head coach James Franklin greets event staff before the game against Buffalo on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019 at Beaver Stadium. 

Postgame 

Fourth Quarter 

Penn State takes over on downs with 15 seconds to play. Will Levis takes a knee and the game is over. 

Another deep throw from Sean Clifford results in a 56-yard touchdown pass to Jahan Dotson. Penn State extends its lead to 32 points. 

Sean Clifford remains on the field, even as Penn State has this game comfortably in hand.

The Nittany Lions come up with another defensive stand in the second half, this time on 4th down and 2 to give the ball back to their offense. 

Penn State promptly punts the ball back to Buffalo as scoring has stalled in this quarter. 

The Bulls punt the ball away and Penn State gets the ball back with 8:26 to play. 

Yetur Gross-Matos picks up his first sack of the night. Penn State's defense continues to stand tall in this half. 

The Nittany Lions settle for a 31-yard field goal from Jake Pinegar, extending their lead to 38-13 with 13:58 remaining. 

The final quarter of play opens with Penn State in the red zone. 

Third Quarter

Buffalo is forced to punt after a 26-yard drive. Penn State continues to lead 35-13 at the end of the third quarter. 

Penn State caps off a 5-play, 55 yard touchdown drive with a 27-yard completion from Clifford to Freiermuth. 

Journey Brown makes a nice play on special teams, deflecting the Buffalo punt while also injuring the punter in the process. 

Buffalo's ensuing drive ends in a punt after a key pass deflection from John Reid. 

True freshman running back Noah Cain finishes off the drive with a 2-yard touchdown run, giving Penn State a 28-13 lead with 6:12 to play in the third quarter. 

A 58-yard run from Sean Clifford brings the Nittany Lions to the doorstep of Buffalo's end zone. 

An extended drive for Buffalo results in a field goal for the visitors. Penn State still leads 21-13 with seven minutes to play in the third quarter. 

The ensuing Buffalo drive has taken the Bulls deep into Penn State territory. 

Sean Clifford finds Pat Freiermuth for a 23-yard touchdown. Penn State extends its lead to 21-10 with 11:54 remaining in the quarter. 

KJ Hamler returns the punt into Buffalo territory. Add a penalty onto that return and the Nittany Lions are set up with a short field. 

Buffalo is forced to punt after the Penn State touchdown. 

Penn State leads 14-10 with 13 minutes to play in the third quarter. Buffalo starts at its own 25-yard line.  

John Reid picks off a Matt Meyers pass and returns it for a touchdown. Penn State is back in front. 

Ricky Slade fumbles the ball at the Buffalo 27-yard line. The Bulls recover the fumble and will take over. 

The Nittany Lions convert on 3rd down thanks to a Buffalo penalty. 

Penn State will start the third quarter with the ball. 

Second Quarter 

It's been a few years since Penn State has lost at home during nonconference play. 

Buffalo leads the Nittany Lions 10-7 at the half. 

Matt Meyers throws a 6-yard touchdown pass to give the visitors the lead with 11 seconds remaining in the first half. 

The Bulls complete a big pass play, moving into the red zone for the first time today. 

Buffalo converts on 3rd down to move into Penn State territory. Less than a minute remains in the half.  

Cam Brown walks off under his own power after taking a block to the legs. 

Penn State's drive stalls and the Nittany Lions will once again punt the football. 

The Bulls promptly punt and Penn State will take over with 6:25 to play in the half. 

Penn State's offensive series results in a short punt, giving Buffalo a short field. 

An extended drive for Buffalo ends in a 42-yard field goal. Penn State leads 7-3 with 9:42 remaining in the second quarter. 

Buffalo's first drive of the quarter has taken the Bulls into Penn State territory. 

First Quarter 

Penn State leads 7-0 at the end of the opening quarter. 

Penn State is forced to punt again as the Nittany Lions are once again stopped on 3rd down. 

The touchdown grab was the first of Jahan Dotson's career. 

Buffalo misses a 49-yard field goal as Penn State continues to lead 7-0 with 5:55 remaining in the first quarter. 

Matt Meyers finds Antonio Nunn for a gain of 42 yards to the Penn State 33-yard line. 

Penn State leads Buffalo 7-0 with 8:50 left in the first quarter.

Cam Brown forces a Buffalo fumble on 3rd down and Penn State recovers the ball in Bulls territory. 

Penn State punts on its opening drive of the contest. 

The Nittany Lions force a Buffalo punt on the Bulls opening drive.

Jordan Stout blasts the opening kick through the end zone for a touchback. 

Pregame

Penn State and Buffalo are set for a 7:30 kickoff.

Check out this week's Versus thread to get prepared for this evening's game.