Jeff Hartings

Jeff Hartings

Three former Penn State football players have been selected as a part of the national ballot for the National Football Foundation's College Hall of Fame's Class of 2020, a ballot that includes 76 players and five coaches from the FBS.

Former First-team All-Americans Jeff Hartings and Steve Wisniewski are on the ballot as players, while former Nittany Lion student-athlete Glenn Killinger is among the candidates for the divisional coach Class of 2019. Killinger was already inducted into the Hall of Fame as a player in 1966.

Hartings was a three-time All-Big Ten first team selection and a three-time Academic All-Big Ten choice in his career. He earned first-team All-American honors in 1994. He was a three-time All-Pro selection in his 11-year career in the NFL.

Wisniewski was a three-year starter at guard for Penn State, and was a part of the 1986 National Championship team. He was selected to the Pro Bowl eight times, with six first-team All-Pro selections in an NFL career that spanned a dozen years.

Kellinger played three sports at Penn State and was an All-American on the football field in 1921. He died in 1988 as a member of the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame.

The announcement of the 2020 Class will be made in January 2020 in the days leading up to the national championship game in New Orleans.