Football, National Signing Day, James Franklin, Sean Spencer, Ellison Jordan

Head coach James Franklin holds up defensive tackle commit Ellison Jordan’s nameplate while video chatting him and his family as defensive line coach Sean Spencer claps alongside him on National Signing Day in the ‘war room’ in the Lasch Football Building on Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016. The coaching staff contacted future players and their families as letters of intent were received throughout the morning.

After earning a commitment from 4-star Michigan-native Enzo Jennings last week, Penn State entered enemy territory again, walking away with another dynamic addition to the 2020 recruiting class.

That addition became clear on Friday afternoon at precisely 2:47 p.m. when 3-star defensive end Bryce Mostella announced his commitment to the Nittany Lions on Twitter.

Ranked as the No. 16 weak-side defensive end in the class and the No. 14 player in Michigan according to the composite rankings, Mostella chose the Nittany Lions out of 21 total offers, including Michigan, Iowa, Miami (FL), Pitt and Ohio State.

While viewed as a 3-star in the aforementioned composite rankings, 247Sports rates Mostella as a 4-star prospect and currently has him ranked 175-spots higher than the composite rankings do.

Standing 6-foot-6 and 235-pounds, Allen Trieu of 247Sports evaluates Mostella as a, “good football player with the tools to become a great football player as he continues to fill into his frame and improve technique. Given time to do that, his ceiling is very high and he projects as a Power Five starter.”

Trieu also compares Mostella to current New Orleans Saints defensive end Marcus Davenport, who was drafted with the No. 14 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Mostella becomes the 20th member of Penn State’s 2020 recruiting class and the 14th commit to join the Nittany Lions since June 3. He joins defensive ends Amin Vanover and Brandon Taylor as well as defensive tackles Cole Brevard, Coziah Izzard and Fatorma Mulbah in what’s continuing to become a strong defensive line class.