Nittany Lion and DNCE

The Nittany Lion dances with DNCE as they perform during THON 2017 on Friday, Feb. 17, 2017.

It’s no secret that the Jonas Brothers have dominated conversations at Penn State for the past couple of weeks.

Recently, Champs Downtown has been in 5th Year’s Barstool Best Bar competition, and Joe Jonas expressed his love for the bar on March 23 when Champs took on Sally’s Saloon of University of Minnesota in the competition.

Since then, Joe has repeatedly posted on social media encouraging his followers to vote for Champs, which was then followed by an iconic, pop-up appearance by the band at Champs Downtown.

So what drove the Jonas Brothers to be so passionate about Penn State?

Their association with Penn State has blown up since their surprise visit and performance on April 5 at Champs Downtown. Along with playing the classics, the Jonas Brothers debuted the first live performance of their new song “Cool.”

Aiding to the frenzy was the presence of their significant others — Danielle Jonas, Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Sophie Turner — who danced along to the music.

RELATED:

But again — why?

Well, this is not the first time Joe or the rest of the Jonas Brothers have been connected to Penn State or expressed their love for the school. But hopefully you didn't expect their connection to be too deep.

In 2008, the Jonas Brothers performed at the Bryce Jordan Center as a part of their Burning Up Tour, which also featured their opening act and fellow Disney star at the time, Demi Lovato.

Though, the Jonas Brothers connection to Penn State really starts with their manager, Phil McIntyre, who is from State College.

According to The Penn Stater Magazine, back in August of 2010, McIntyre and others from State College decided to take Joe out for his 21st birthday in State College following a show in Hershey.

Fast forward to 2017, Nick and Joe were at the Rose Bowl, rooting for Penn State against University of Southern California. They were seen tailgating at the bowl game, sporting Penn State gear.

A month later, Joe and his band DNCE gave a surprise performance at THON 2017 accompanied by the Nittany Lion on stage.

So, it is easy to see that Joe and the rest of the Jonas Brothers are no stranger to State College and Penn State. Though, unless Joe has a family member "up his sleeve" with a strong Penn State connection that we haven’t heard about yet, this is about as deep as the affiliation gets.

With the Blue and White game this weekend and the Barstool Best Bar competition still in full swing, the brothers could make another appearance to Happy Valley sooner rather than later — Penn State coach James Franklin having invited them to future games.

“See you at the White Out,” Franklin said in a tweet of him and the band.