Twilight Zone_GIF

As of now, with the stress of finals and projects looming over us, winter break feels as though it might be months away.

However, as far away as it may feel, it is just around the corner.

Soon thousands of us will head back home with a massive amount of work suddenly gone.

This is where Netflix and bingeing can really become a part of our lives again.

I could argue that perhaps instead of watching TV and movies in your room for half the day, this is the time to take advantage of your newfound free time and read more books or find a new hobby, like basket weaving.

But I am not going to do that.

I write about TV and film so I am already biased, but regardless, was there really a chance you were finally going to read “The Fountainhead”?

So instead, I am going to give some different to bizarre recommendations for winter break bingeing that just might save you from another run through of “The Office” — even though that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

The Twilight Zone (1959-1964)

“The Twilight Zone” is one of most iconic anthology shows of all time.

While many know the iconic episodes or the basic gist of the shows constant twists, it is without a doubt a fantastic show to revisit considering so many of its stories function as commentaries on society.

These commentaries, ranging from race to beauty, remain nearly just as relevant today as on their airing over 50 years ago.

Metropolis (1927 )

“Metropolis” is a silent, German expressionist film about the dangers of unchecked technology and the lust for societal advancement.

Quite frankly, it is the definition of “Netflix and Chill.”

George Harrison

George Harrison is shown playing the guitar in a scene from The Beatles' movie "Help!" on location in the Bahamas in 1965.

The Inbetweeners (2008-2010)

While known widely throughout the United Kingdom, “The Inbetweeners” is rarely mentioned in the United States.

Taking place in British suburbia, the show focuses on a group of immature teenage boys that, thanks to their poor decisions, consistently find themselves in the situational sweet spot between humor and cringe.

These situations range from common teenage embarrassment to far less common ones, such as punching a fish to death.

Suffice to say, it’s a funny show.

He-Man and the Masters of Universe (1983-1985)

This is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous shows I have ever seen.

The animation, the music and the voice acting are all so jarring, it can’t help but reach that wonderful “so bad it’s good” type of entertainment.

It may sound like a waste of time to watch an admittedly bad cartoon from the 1980s, but when a show is as unintentionally entertaining as this one, it’s hard to call it anything but genuine entertainment.

George Harrison: Living in the Material World (2011)

“George Harrison: Living in the Material World” is an incredibly thorough documentary that focuses its attention on none other than the “quiet Beatle,” George Harrison.

Using a massive range of interviews ranging from Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to former love interests, this documentary leaves no stone unturned in its examination on the career of George Harrison, Beatle and beyond.