Heritage Hall will be full of song and dance when the Penn State Thespians take the stage tonight with its annual cabaret.

“MasquerAIDS,” presented by the Penn State Thespians, highlights singing, acting and dancing to tell the story, George Inglis , director of “MasquerAIDS,” said.

“It’s the trifecta of performing arts,” Inglis (senior-biology) said.

Every year, a new theme is chosen for the cabaret. This year’s theme is “You’re Gonna Love Tomorrow ,” which encompasses what has happened to the thespians this past year.

From its home base Schwab Auditorium under construction to putting on “Chicago” entirely by itself, this year has been a whirlwind for the club, said Nicole Suder, production manager of “MasquerAIDS.”

“This has been a new year for Penn State Thespians…it’s a time to revitalize our efforts and take a new approach to all of our productions,” Inglis said.

The cabaret is split into two acts with a 20-minute intermission. Each act covers a different aspect of the overall theme.

Act one deals with troubles and conflicts that someone might endure. This doesn’t mean every number is going to be somber — there are comedic moments throughout the act, Inglis said. Act two is the “proverbial tomorrow,” he said.

“It’s time to start anew and look for hope,” Inglis said. “It’s a time to look forward to a bright future.”

Though the theme was created with the hardships of the club in mind, it is something everyone can relate to, Suder (junior-public relations) said.

“[‘You’re Gonna Love Tomorrow’] is about the challenges you face, overcoming those challenges and succeeding where you might have failed before,” Suder said.

Devon Fields , choreographer of “MasquerAIDS,” said the choreography has variety and changes with each song.

“I am very big on theatricality and physical expression, so I force the dancers to take on the role and live the piece rather just dancing it,” Fields (junior-broadcast journalism) said via email. “This is what allows audiences to understand each message.”

The cabaret begins at 8 p.m. tonight. Tickets are $3 for students and $4.99 for the public. There will be a silent auction held during the intermission. All proceeds from the auction and ticket sales will benefit the AIDS Resource Alliance in State College.

Fields said he hopes the audiences will leave the cabaret with a greater appreciation of their lives.

“Positivity is key in my mind,” Fields said. “Hopefully people will wake up the next day ready to do and be whatever they want.”

Samantha Cressman can be reached at sjc5438@psu.edu or (814) 865-1828. Follow her on Twitter at @sam_cressman.