Rod Stewart, award winning British artist, performed an eclectic show at the Bryce Jordan Center, complete with multiple outfit changes, bright lighting and lots of colors.

Stewart performed many of his classic hits, including “Maggie May” and “Downtown Train,” and songs from his new album “Time.”

The 68-year-old opened the hour and a half set wearing a pink jacket and pink tie, dancing energetically across the stage and engaging with the crowd.

With his signature raspy voice, Stewart consistently hit the notes in each song.

The stage had white tiling so each outfit popped against the background, and each colored light enhanced the background behind Stewart.

Stewart dedicated “Rhythm of My Heart” to war veterans as footage of World War II played on the screens behind Stewart and the band.

Throughout the show, images of Stewart’s interests and life were projected onto the screens, giving the audience a glimpse into his life.

Stewart interacted with the crowd, picking up roses thrown on stage by fans, and making jokes throughout the performance.

As Stewart changed into a shiny silver suit, the drummer played a long and intricate drum solo. The musicians added to the percussion interlude until every person was on stage.

After the outfit change, Stewart decided to slow the set down, playing multiple acoustic songs like “Have I Told You Lately.”

Accompanied by local orchestral members, Stewart sang “The First Cut is the Deepest.”

Katilina Struble (freshman- division of undergraduate studies) said the acoustic set was her favorite part of the performance, especially the part with the orchestra.

After performing “The First Cut is the Deepest,” Stewart said, “get the next one right as well” to the orchestra members.

He then performed “Brighton Beach,” a new song from the album “Time,” which he dedicated to his daughter.

After the acoustic set, Stewart picked up the tempo of the songs. His backup singers performed Tina Turner’s “Proud Mary,” accompanied by trumpets and saxophones.

Hannah Ingram, of State College, said the backup singers were “very talented to be singing and dancing around on the stage.”

Ingram said she expected “tight pants and bright socks.”

Katy Stubanas, also of State College, said she grew up listening to Stewart, so the performance was exciting.

At one point, Stewart kicked autographed balls into the crowd, showing his lightness of foot.

Stewart closed the show by performing “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” with the entire band, ending a vibrant and colorful concert.

Caitlin Brown can be reached at cab5613@psu.edu or (814) 865-1828. Follow her on Twitter at @cabrown_102.