Delta Upsilon fraternity will initiate 14 new members this Sunday at its chapter house, re-establishing itself at Penn State after alumni closed the fraternity due to party violations last summer.

New non-freshman members will be able to move into the Delta Upsilon house, 229 Locust Lane, in the spring semester. Alumni cleared out the Delta Upsilon house after fraternity members held an event featuring rapper Wiz Khalifa, despite being told not to host any parties during investigation regarding drugs and alcohol. No former members of Delta Upsilon will be rejoining the fraternity.

"The past is the past," said John DelSignore, president of the Penn State Delta Upsilon Alumni Corporation.

"We're definitely excited about the new men we have. They are very respectful. They under-

stand the situation they are in."

DelSignore said the fraternity recruited members in September during rush and is now ready to initiate them on Sunday.

Despite its troubled past, Delta Upsilon President Justin Robinson said he isn't worried about the fraternity's future.

"Some people still have their opinions, but we're different people," Robinson (junior-information sciences and technology) said. "They might have had the same letters, but there's no doubt in my mind about our guys."

Recruiting was a challenge, he said. Still, he's optimistic about the future of the fraternity. DelSignore said he understands the challenges fresh fraternities face at Penn State.

"There are a lot of established frats at Penn State," DelSignore said. "[The new members] decided to take a chance and build something new. We are happy to have them."

David Runyan, secretary for Delta Upsilon, agrees starting over will be tough.

"We have no brothers to help us out, so we're figuring things out on our own," Runyan (junior-mechanical engineering) said.

The main goal for Delta Upsilon is to get involved, Robinson said.

"We want to let everyone know we're here. We're going to bring Delta Upsilon back into the top fraternities," Robinson said.

Interfraternity Council President-elect Max Wendkos said he is confident the fraternity will succeed.

The house was the temporary residence of Kappa Delta Rho members this semester, who moved in after former Delta Upsilon members were evicted.