In celebration of Multicultural Greek Council Pride Month, the Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) and its 10 member organizations will participate in an Olympics of their own throughout the month of March.

While event dates are pending, a potluck dinner and bone marrow registry are part of the planned festivities.

Vice President for Communications Mayra Leon said each member organization will host an activity for the month, but the council will also host events independently.

She's hoping the month-long schedule will bring together the council's member organizations.

"We hope to create a sense of unity that we feel we possess as a council," Leon (senior-biobehavioral health) said. "We hope to show the Penn State community that even though we come from different cultures, we're still a family."

What's more, the pride month gives the MGC an opportunity to showcase yearlong efforts.

As part of the month's events, Asian American interest fraternity Lambda Phi Epsilon will be hosting its yearly bone marrow registry in the HUB-Robeson Center as part of its national philanthropy effort.

Lambda Phi Epsilon President Kyung Koo said he hopes the pride month unites the MGC's member organizations and brings it recognition.

Though the MGC has only a few organizations, Koo (senior-chemistry) said he welcomes the opportunity to get to know members of the other organizations he doesn't see on a regular basis.

Leon said the council has celebrated MGC Pride Month every March since 2001.

This month, the MGC is encouraging members to wear his or her organization's letter pins and MGC shirts as often as possible, Leon said.