Dear Emily,

My boyfriend keeps pressuring me to go further physically with him. I don’t think I am ready. Should I just do what he wants? I don’t know what to do.

Dear Wonderer,

You just answered your own question. You said you don’t think you are ready, so you simply are not ready and that is OK. If you don’t think you are, you need have a talk about it with your boyfriend. Let it be a calm conversation that you don’t think you are at the point to move forward with him in that way.

If he responds negatively and isn’t understanding, then it confirms your hunch that you shouldn’t be moving forward with him.

Move at your own pace; do not let someone make a decision for you if you are uneasy about it. Once you find the right person, you’ll have all the time in the world.

Dear Emily,

I feel like now that it is so cold outside I have been wasting a lot of time at home doing nothing other than checking social media sites and envying what everyone else is doing. What is something I can do to change this?

Dear homebody,

Steve Jobs once said, “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”

Stop wasting your time at home and checking social media. Start changing what you do with your time. Find things that interest you and pursue them. Invite your friends to have a movie night or go bowling.

Staying at home is fine, but there are plenty of things you can do at home. If you don’t feel like leaving your room for the day, then go through everything in your room and give away the things you haven’t touched or worn in two years. Be innovative; on a snowy day, build a fort with your roommates or make a fancy dinner. Most importantly, challenge yourself. Find something every day that you didn’t know or see before. Step out of your comfort zone. Have a conversation with someone new, or make small talk with the person checking you out as hungry. Stay foolish.

Emily Chertow is The Daily Collegian's advice columnist. Submit your questions at DearEmilyTDC@gmail.com or mail them to 123 South Burrowes Street, State College, PA 16801. Emily Chertow can be reached at epc5109@psu.edu or (814) 865-1828. Follow her on Twitter at @echertow.