Penn State student dies after falling from ninth floor of Penn Tower - The Daily Collegian: Crime And Courts

|
||

Penn State student dies after falling from ninth floor of Penn Tower

Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:20 am

A 20-year-old male Penn State student died early this morning after jumping from the ninth floor of Penn Tower, State College Police Lt. Mark Argiro said.

He jumped from either a balcony or a window, but Argiro said he did not know if it was a suicide attempt or accidental. Police have rule out homicide, as they do not think he was thrown by anyone else, he said.

The Centre County Coroner's Office was called to Penn Tower, 255 E. Beaver Ave., at about 3:45 a.m. today.

Police are conducting interviews with the people who were with the student before the death and they are conducting a toxicality test to see if he was under the influence of any drugs or alcohol, Argiro said. The student's family has been notified and they are heading to State College, he said.

The male died shorty before the coroner arrived on scene at about 3:45 a.m. The coroner said he does not know if there were other injuries. The cause of death will be released after the autopsy and after the family is contacted, he said.

Check back at psucollegian.com for more updates.

Collegian staff writers Lucie Couillard, Carley Mossbrook and Kristin Stoller contributed to this report.

1 comment:

• Urhic Kma posted at 2:51 am on Sun, Nov 17, 2013.

Urhic Kma Posts: 2

It is stupid for a college paper to report just the event without showing an attempt to get to the bottom of the story. Did a coroner or a hospital take blood samples, or did they try? Did the reporter ask somebody for the results of blood tests? What do people guess as the cause of a 20-year-old having jumped down 9 stories? Is the campus - er - safe? Should other community members be concerned?

You idiots cannot handle even simple things. PARENTS, GET YOUR KIDS OUT OF PENN STATE. ALUMS, STOP GIVING MONEY. PA GOVERNMENT, SHUT THE PLACE DOWN.

And you wanted Dr. Rice to be the new president. In your dreams, hicks. In your dreams.

Online poll

Loading…