Amended complaint filed in Paterno vs. NCAA lawsuit - The Daily Collegian: Crime And Courts

|
||

Amended complaint filed in Paterno vs. NCAA lawsuit

Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:09 pm

In the Paterno family lawsuit against the NCAA, the Paterno side filed an amended complaint today in response to Judge Leete's ruling in early January, according to court documents.

The NCAA argued in October that Penn State was missing as a defendant in the lawsuit because the university is an indispensable party in the case.

The amended complaint adds Penn State as a nominal defendant, according to court documents.

"To be clear, we do not seek any monetary damages from Penn State, nor do we ask that the court order Penn State to take any action." attorney for the Paterno side, Wick Sollers said in a statement. "We ask only for a declaration that the plaintiffs have rights under the NCAA rules that were violated, and that the Consent Decree imposed by the NCAA is null and void."

The amended complaint also expands on defamation claims made by former Penn State Football coaches Jay Paterno and William Kenney, according to the documents.

According to the documents, Paterno and Kenney suffered from damages to their reputations as football coaches and have been unable to find jobs despite their qualifications.

"This lawsuit is extremely important to everyone who wants to know the truth about the mishandling of the Sandusky matter by the NCAA and the University," Sollers said.

The plaintiffs are made up of members of the Paterno family; Penn State Board of Trustee members Ryan McCombie, Anthony Lubrano, Al Clemens and Adam Taliaferro; and several faculty members, former coaches and former football players.

Read Thursday's edition of The Daily Collegian for more details.

1 comment:

Online poll

Loading…