The 2016 Penn State Interfraternity Council/Panhellenic Dance Marathon logo merchandise is now available in the THON Store, located on the ground floor of the HUB-Robeson Center.

Featuring an assortment of posters, zip-ups and tees, the 2016 logo merchandise is available for purchase in store and online as an opportunity for people to support and prepare for the upcoming weekend.

THON Merchandise Director Eric Pohle (senior-accounting) said the merchandise will be available until December when the THON 2017 logo is revealed, at which point it will be replaced with the 2017 gear.

Of the THON 2016 products, Pohle said, the black and red logo t-shirts have proven the most popular among customers.

Pohle will be the first merchandise director to have staffed the THON Store during his entire time in the position.

The store officially opened on March 30, 2015 under the watch of THON 2015 Merchandise Director Nick Hope. It had been in planning for five years as part of an effort to make THON merchandise more accessible to the public, Pohle said.

Since its opening, it has presented a greater opportunity for THON supporters seeking to buy the merchandise.

Merchandise Captain Sam Shively (senior-political science and African studies) said the store’s success is largely due to its convenient, easy-to-find location in the HUB, citing its status as “a permanent fixture in one of our main buildings.”

The store is run and staffed by the Merchandise Committee on a volunteer basis and is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays.

Media Relations Director Graceanne Domino said the store is highly beneficial to the community in spreading awareness.

“It’s a really great opportunity for our volunteers,” Domino (senior-public relations) said. “It helps that it’s in a very convenient location on our campus, and really makes [the merchandise] accessible to all of the supporters of THON.”